CO Mechanics Lien Law

来源: 柠檬椰子汁 2023-01-10 12:13:09 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5542 bytes)
回答: CORichmind2023-01-10 11:14:56

https://www.levelset.com/mechanics-lien/colorado-lien-law-faqs/

most important is: 

When is the deadline to enforce a Colorado mechanics lien, or, how long is my lien effective?

In Colorado, a mechanics lien expires within 6 months of the date the project was completed, or labor or materials were last furnished to the project; whichever is later. The lien claimant must file an action to enforce their lien claim before the deadline or the claim expires and is no longer enforceable.

My explaination: The mechanics lien is a temporary lien, according to above, the contractor has to file an action in court to enforce the lien OR it will expire.  Look at your lien closely and report back what exactly it says. 

Can I collect from the property owner if they have already paid the general contractor?

Yes, Colorado is a “full price lien state”. However, if the project is a owner-occupied, single-family residence, the lien will be limited to the unpaid balance to the general contractor.

My explaination: your parents as home owner should not be liable if they paid the general contractor in full. 

You parents should just wait for the lien to expire OR recieve an action to enforce the lien, at that time they can respond in court and have the lien removed. 

所有跟帖: 

My earlier post for general description of mechanics lien -柠檬椰子汁- 给 柠檬椰子汁 发送悄悄话 柠檬椰子汁 的博客首页 (175 bytes) () 01/10/2023 postreply 12:14:03

想知道这个Lien会不会让房子处在被拍买foreclosures的处境?父母长住那里,不打算卖房子。十分感谢柠檬 -Richmind- 给 Richmind 发送悄悄话 (145 bytes) () 01/10/2023 postreply 12:44:41

你看了我的介绍了吗? -柠檬椰子汁- 给 柠檬椰子汁 发送悄悄话 柠檬椰子汁 的博客首页 (826 bytes) () 01/10/2023 postreply 12:48:40

十分感谢柠檬的专业回复!仔细的看了你所有回复。会和父母商量下一步怎么做。再次感谢! -Richmind- 给 Richmind 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/10/2023 postreply 12:58:09

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”