Thank you guys

来源: seaotter 2004-03-18 12:14:13 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1362 bytes)
回答: 有关“Namste,我的珠峰!”的问与答dztang2004-03-16 20:25:19
for the tip on travel books. I'll definitely check out Lonely Planet books for developing countries. For domestic travel, I actually like Frommer's (not to be confused with Frodor) series, besides the specialized local ones. I like planning beforehand and consider good travel books the best investment for a trip (financially of course :).

Dztang, thank you so much for your detailed explanation on physical and psychological preparations. I am not intimated by high mountains, but would like to be prepared if I ever make one of those trips. It's good to know that AMS can be avoided or alleviated by setting the right pace and allowing enough time at certain elevation.

My friends actually went to Aconcagua in 2 groups one year after the other. Both groups summited. Quite amazing considering only 50% of the people who make it to the base camp eventually summit, mostly because of the unpredictable weather. I don't think they hired porters. They brought crampons and ice axes, but probably didn't get to use them much. You are right that Aconcagua doesn't require technical climbing. The difficult part (at least to me) is that you have to carry everything including tent and food, and set up your camp at around 19,000 ft. I know I'm not in their league and to attempt something like that would require intensive and serious training.

所有跟帖: 

Aconcagua -dztang- 给 dztang 发送悄悄话 (289 bytes) () 03/19/2004 postreply 19:25:39

回复:Aconcagua -seaotter- 给 seaotter 发送悄悄话 (898 bytes) () 03/23/2004 postreply 12:27:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”