Put things in perspective

来源: wunderlust 2006-03-28 16:03:34 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1300 bytes)
1. It's your comfort leve and not anyone else's. And it's based on your own experience. I can say I'm totally comfortable driving in San Francisco and the Bay Area vicinity but that doesn't mean you do. I can see for someone who's not used to driving in large city, it's easy to get lost in SF. Market street is a mess and there are many one ways and no left turn streets as well.
2. When people on this board recommended against your driving in California, they also take into consideration that you have two old parents and 2 small babies, all needing your care without helping you while on the road. Not to mention, 2 weeks of driving with no one sharing your driving responsibility will be exhausting. Maybe it's not a problem for you.
3. Freeways are actually not the hardest part (ok certain portions of them can be confusing such as the 980/580 section in Oakland). The surface streets and also those winding roads to national parks and sea shores (such as Hwy 1) will be hard if you are not used to that type of driving. Parking on 60 degree steep hills in SF and narrow streets can also be challenging in major cities.
Again, if you feel comfortable driving for 2 weeks with little or no help, go for it. I'm just saying putting myself in your shoes I wouldn't.

所有跟帖: 

Parking on 60 degree steep hills? -DCDCDCDC- 给 DCDCDCDC 发送悄悄话 DCDCDCDC 的博客首页 (179 bytes) () 03/28/2006 postreply 19:15:04

Haha-driving on those steep SF city roads is fun -wunderlust- 给 wunderlust 发送悄悄话 (1384 bytes) () 03/28/2006 postreply 23:55:33

回复:Put things in perspective -xiaoyixiao- 给 xiaoyixiao 发送悄悄话 (564 bytes) () 03/28/2006 postreply 19:30:44

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”