Haha-driving on those steep SF city roads is fun

来源: wunderlust 2006-03-28 23:55:33 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1384 bytes)
回答: Put things in perspectivewunderlust2006-03-28 16:03:34
one of my favorite activities. Every I visit the city, I have to drive a few steepest streets in the City for the thrill. Hey, it's a rental car and I'm not too worried about breaking it. The thrill of driving those road is better than a roller coaster ride since this is for real on busy steep city streets. Ever watched those police cars chasing movies shot in SF? Should definitely try driving those narrow steep one way SF city streets next time you go. Lombard Street, although claimed to be the curvist, is a piece of cake, since everyone is going at less than 5 miles. Start with California and Larkin (although these are not the steepest) but you will compete for the same roads with cable cars. It is very San Francisco. Try climbing up a steep hill with a stop sign or traffic light on top of the hill with cars closely behind you. When you restart after the stop sign or light, your car will go backward, making you feel like you are about to hit the car behind you. Or try following a car on a steep hill and when they restart after a stop sign, you better not be too close behind - they may back into you. Not the kind of hills they have in the mid-west.

SF has a law that when you park you car on a hill, your wheels have to turn a certain direction and you will be ticketed if you do not follow the rule.

Love driving those hills in the City!
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”