【听新闻练听力】Woman sues Honda over fuel-economy claims

来源: EnLearner 2012-01-04 19:20:15 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6302 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ EnLearner ] 在 2012-01-06 06:30:59 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

-->
-->" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" videoplay="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" vplayer="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getdomindex="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_gettrackclickmap="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getaccount="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getpagename="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getpageurl="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getmovieid="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getversion="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getcharset="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getswfurl="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }">
-->
-->
-->
-->
-->>>> when you buy a car you kind of know it's a buyer beware business. the mileage numbers on the window sticker often don't reflect actual road conditions. a woman bought a hybrid for the promise of 50 miles per gallon. the story from nbc's kristen dahlgren.

>> reporter: it didn't start as a story of david versus goliath.

>> i just wanted my car fixed. i didn't intend to be a crusader.

>> reporter: but that's exactly what heather peters' fight with honda has become. she loved her 2006 civic hybrid.

>> it was green. it helped the environment.

>> reporter: and it would get 50 miles to the gallon. she says it never did.

>> i'm getting 29.3 miles per gallon.

>> reporter: she heard about a class action suit by other angry owners, but the payoff, $200 and a discount toward a new honda.

>> no! absolutely not.

>> reporter: peters, a former lawyer, took the matter to small claims court.

>> the second element of fraud --

>> reporter: she's suing honda for the small claim maximum, $10,000. this could be about more than $10,000 if peters is successful. other car owners could follow suit, foregoing class action for thousands of individual cases. tara winegarden said it's not just honda.

>> the e.p.a. needs to step in and say, let's look at how we evaluate real world driving mileage and figure out a new way to more accurately reflect what we actually get.

>> reporter: honda insists peters never complained until the lawsuit saying, we do not believe ms. peters was deceived. the window sticker clearly indicated that her mileage would vary. honda argued in court --

>> the biggest effect is how you drive.

>> reporter: peters has a website offering other drivers a lawsuit blueprint. while they wait for the judge to mail his ruling it seems her small claim may already have wheels. kristen dahlgren, nbc news, los angeles.

所有跟帖: 

既了解时事,又练了听力,一举两得,谢谢你推出的系列。 -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/05/2012 postreply 06:22:36

I like this series you started....:-) -同学小薇- 给 同学小薇 发送悄悄话 同学小薇 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/05/2012 postreply 16:19:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”