【听新闻练听力】US Coupon Craze turns to medical care

来源: EnLearner 2012-01-29 12:33:19 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5472 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ EnLearner ] 在 2012-01-30 04:43:30 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" vplayer="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getdomindex="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_gettrackclickmap="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getaccount="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getpagename="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getpageurl="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getmovieid="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getversion="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getcharset="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" s_getswfurl="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }">

>>> back now with a sign of the times and an increasing popular way to get healthcare these days online coupons. some who can't afford health insurance and are in desperate need of healthcare say sites like groupon and living social can be a life saver, but that has some health experts worried and they're issuing a word of caution.

>> reporter: in this economy, who isn't looking for a good deal?

>> thank you.

>> reporter: matthew marco with its found one at a place that doesn't usually screen discounts -- the dentist.

>> cleaning, x-ray and examination, you know, immediately i thought well, this is too good to be true.

>> reporter: but it was true. at dr. greg diamond's office. these three procedures should have cost matthew more than $500 but he got them for less than $60.

>> it was like any other cleaning and x-ray and examination experience i have had. if not better. something that i would consider for other healthcare needs.

>> reporter: a deal and part of a new trend. coupon sites expanding from travel and restaurant offers to include checkups and other health care procedures.

>> this would about providing a service to people who don't feel that they could afford dentistry.

>> reporter: for dr. diamond, it produced volume.

>> approximately 1,300 new patients over a 24-hour period.

>> reporter: according to a company that tracks data on websites, consumers saved between $500,000 and $700,000 and the number of weight loss offers sky rocketed. but is it safe when it comes to your well-being? some fear people will look for deals without doing the research.

>> we do not know -- at least i don't know what sort of credentials, what sort of vetting these groups have when they're recruiting a healthcare provider.

>> reporter: living social and groupon, two popular discount websites, say they have procedures in place to screen all merchants including doctors before a deal reaches your in box.

>> getting that e-mail was a second chance for me.

>> reporter: for this woman who has no health insurance and a tight budget, the decision was simple.

>> i was putting it off. there were medical issues that were starting to develop. i needed this to take myself to the next level.

>> reporter: proof that next checkup could be well worth it in more ways than one.

所有跟帖: 

过完年重新做人,继续说。这周忙着准备PARTY了,昨天搞完了,宾主尽欢。 -cha-cha- 给 cha-cha 发送悄悄话 cha-cha 的博客首页 (376 bytes) () 01/29/2012 postreply 19:05:15

哇,悦耳动听的恰恰新闻有开播了。 有没有年糕分享啊? -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (135 bytes) () 01/29/2012 postreply 19:21:08

谢谢长跑健将。我听了听,说得狠对,是发得不到位。 -cha-cha- 给 cha-cha 发送悄悄话 cha-cha 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/29/2012 postreply 19:27:53

交作业,欢迎砖头! -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (376 bytes) () 01/30/2012 postreply 14:35:11

"trend""twenty""hundred""worried" sound off. -cha-cha- 给 cha-cha 发送悄悄话 cha-cha 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/30/2012 postreply 18:51:33

说得越来越好了。 -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/30/2012 postreply 21:35:53

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”